|28 Mar 2013 |
Volunteers Wanted - Member Achievements
Look at our new member achievements! Click here
Have you recently earned your PMP certification, gotten a job promotion, graduated from school, or accomplished a major achievement? We want to ensure that your achievements are recognized among our peers. Please send us your announcement so that we may publish it on the FSI CoP website and newsletter. Send your notice to Patricia Brady, Marketing and Communications Lead, Financial Services Industry - Community of Practice, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Input and Contributions are Wanted!
One of the key benefits of Financial Services Industry CoP is to share knowledge, experiences and ideas among PM practitioners in the industry. We have started sharing some articles on a weekly basis and we highly encourage all members to share their own views, ideas and their experiences. You can do so through writing a Blog, a Wiki, starting a Discussion thread or through sharing of Documents. You can use the Ask the Community section to direct a question to all members. You can also write an article, and we will publish it on the FSI CoP website and announce it in our community newsletter. For more information, contact Ahmed Hassan at email@example.com
Have a Great Idea for a Webinar?
Are you or someone you know interested in sharing their knowledge with our community? We would enjoy hearing from you with either topics, or interest on becoming a presenter. Contact Gary Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some ideas for Articles, Blogs, Discussions and Webinars:
- Help Members Apply New Methodology: Agile, OPM3 and Ethics
- Keeping Tab on Trends and Changes in FSI: Environment, Technology, Change Agents
- Understanding the Project Manager Role in FSI Consultancy Firms: Handling Stakeholder Management
- Globalization: Managing Virtual Teams, Outsourcing, and Managing Cultural Diversity
- Risk Management in FSI: Addressing Risk Management Issues in Financial Service Industry
- Help Members Expand Their Knowledge on Related FSI Areas: Banking 101, Investment 101, Insurance 101, Brokerage 101
- Sharing Industry Best Practices: Usage of Tools, Templates, Techniques, Processes
- Facilitate Practitioner Dialogue with Experts in FSI: Industry Trend, Ask the Experts
- Provide Members with Benchmarking Survey Results: Top Challenges, Key Success Factors
- Innovative Practices: Usage of Technology in FSI to Increase Efficiency
- Understanding the Project Manager Role in FSI Consultancy Firms: Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advancing Leadership Skills: Mentoring and Coaching
Earn 1 PDU for every hour that you contribute:
Category D: Creating New Project Management Knowledge, Serving as a moderator of a relevant discussion
Category C: Self Directed Learning, having formal discussions with colleagues, coworkers, clients, or consultants, being coached or mentored by a colleague, coworker or consultant
Category E: Volunteer Service, Provide mentoring and coaching to a colleague, coworker or consultant
See PMP Credential Handbook, pages 40 and 41.